Scheduling Your Valuables
From baseball cards to Van-Gogh – is your homeowner’s policy enough protection?
What do fine antiques, rare vintage wines, a fur coat and the East Coast’s most extensive collection of baseball cards have in common?
They’re all valuable possessions that are probably not covered (or minimally covered) by your homeowner’s insurance. Even if you have a special policy for high-value homes, there are limitations to what is covered unless you have your valuables insured with a Scheduled Valuable Possessions Policy (from Fireman’s Fund).
Here are the benefits of scheduling your valuables:
- Speedy and painless claims settlement: An agreed value is preset for each item – you know in advance what you’ll be paid in the event of a claim.
- Theft, mysterious disappearance and breakage are covered: The cause of loss could not deny replacement of a cherished item.
- No deductible.
- Blanket coverage – saves you the time of having your less valuable items appraised. you simply purchase a blanket amount of coverage that can be applied to multiple items.
- Receive up to 150% of the insurance shown (contact Ellis Insurance for details).
- Worldwide protection when traveling – automatic protection for most new items for up to 30 days.
For more information on insuring your valuables contact Ellis Insurance.
More About Insuring Your Valuables
More About Jewelry